The Neem tree, Azadirachta indica, has been used in traditional Indian & African medicine for centuries. In Africa a paste made of need leaves is applied to the skin to soothe and heal the blisters and rash from chickenpox and measles.
Neem’s Anti-Cancer Properties
In 2019 a group of scientists studied the bioactives in neem. t They looked at the potential use of need as an anticancer agent, or as adjuvants to standard therapy. The study explored a whole extract of neem leaf and a specific enzyme extracted from neem called nimbolide, for epigenetic activity. Epigenetics is the study of how cells control gene activity without changing the DNA sequence.
In this study, human colorectal cancer cell lines (HCT116 and HT29) were cultured for 48 hours in the presence of the neem extract and nimbolide. These cells were then evaluated for growth inhibition and evidence of suppression of histone deacetylation and DNA methylation. This means they were tested for activity that showed suppression of cancer..
Both the neem extract and nimbolide suppressed the proliferation of colon cancer cells by inducing epigenetic modifications.
Neem Is Effective
The researchers concluded that Neem leaf contains bioactive constituents which modify epigenetic activity. But this is something that has been known to Ayurvedic & African Traditional Healers for centuries. Based on this ancient wisdom – our products contain Neem. We used organically grown neem. This neem leaves, fruit and bark are treated using very specific Ayurvedic techniques. This ensures that Neems is most potent and effective.
Neem Is Wonderful for Your Skin
Neem is truly wonderful for your skin.
1. Neem is balances oil production, heal wounds, stimulate collagen formation, reduces post-acne scars and minimises skin inflammation.
2. It also heals the skin from within and simultaneously reduces hyperpigmentation and scars.
3. Neem is antibacterial & antiseptic and helps heal pimples.
4. Neem has anti-inflammatory properties too.
5. The presence of essential fatty acids in Neem oil deep within the skin. Regular usage of neem oil increases the skin’s ability to absorb other subsequent active ingredients, thus helping you maximise the impact of all components in Active Skincare regimen.
6. Neem comes loaded with Vitamin C, which helps boost the natural production of collagen and flood the skin with antioxidants to smooth fine lines.
Neem is found in our Active Products – Active Face Cleanse Gel, Active Face Hydrating Gel & Detox Face Mask.
We use neem in our Active Face Hydrating Gel to reduce inflammation, heal and repair the skin. It is for this reason that the Active Face Hydrating Gel very quickly and effectively heals pimples and acne to leave your skin clear, healthy and blemish free.
Neem is also found in our Active Face Cleanse Gel and Detox Face Mask. In the Active Face Cleanse Gel it helps clean the skin and prevent cellular damage from environmental pollutants. And in the Detox Face Mask it works to deeply heal pores and reduce inflammation, leaving your skin healthy, balanced and beautiful.
All Organic Apoteke products are inspired by traditional wisdom and a deep spiritual connection to the earth combined with rigorous scientific study. A blending of tradition & technology.