Mother nature has plenty to offer when it comes to skincare. If you’re thinking of switching to the natural goodness of plant-based beauty products, we’re exploring the benefits.
We believe that nature has all the answers for beautiful, healthy-looking skin.
Made using plant extracts and oils, this type of skin care is known to have more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants than non-natural products. This nourishes and protects your skin.
Popular plant-based ingredients you’ll find for facial skin care include:
- Shea butter – locks in moisturise and smoothes skin
- Amino acids – smoothes, firms and tones
- Rose oil – soothes dry skin and boosts circulation
- Dead sea mud – removes impurities and toxins
- Pineapple extract – improves skin elasticity and gently exfoliates
- Honey – anti-bacterial and evens complexion
- Lemon – balances oiliness and evens complexion
- Arginine – balances oiliness
- Gotu Kola – rich in vitamins A, B, E & K and supports ageing skin
- Rose hip – supports healthy skin structure
- Neem leaf – moisturising and healing antioxidant
- Tea tree oil – anti-inflammatory and healing
- Papaya extract – gently exfoliates and softens skin
Some of these you may have heard of, others may have eluded you. They all bring their own benefits.
Man-made chemicals can irritate sensitive skin types. Plant-based products help you leverage natural goodness. If you enjoy a beautiful fragrance, always choose a natural one to keep your skin healthy.
What are the benefits of using plant-based skincare?
Restore and strengthen skin cells – the antioxidants target dead skin cells, sweat and a build-up of any irritants which could weaken the skin’s structure or cause breakouts.
Protect skin barrier – by strengthening and protecting your skin’s outer layer, your face can feel more comfortable.
Decreases signs of ageing – can also decrease visible signs of ageing, such as fine lines.
Overall, plant-based ingredients help the skin to thrive and replenish its natural defences against the elements. They’re gentle, meaning your skin won’t be stripped of its natural properties. Instead, they work in perfect harmony to enhance the texture and appearance.
Shop organic, plant-based skin care products online at Organic Apoteke today.