Pitta ~ Fire & Water
Learn how to balance Pitta Dosha
Made up of fire and water. The Pitta dosha controls digestion, metabolism, and energy production. The primary function of Pitta is transformation.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PITTA
Pittas literally have more fire in them than other types. They have good metabolism and strong bodies.
When balanced – Pitta types sleep soundly for short periods of time, have abundant energy, and a strong appetite. They are productive and good mannered.
When imbalanced – Pittas may suffer from skin rashes, burning sensations, peptic ulcers, excessive body heat, heartburn, and indigestion.
EMOTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PITTA
Pittas have a powerful intellect and a strong ability to concentrate.
When balanced – Pitta types are good decision makers, teachers, and speakers. They are precise, sharp-witted, direct, and often outspoken. They are ambitious yet practical and love both adventure and challenges.
When imbalanced – Pitta types can be short-tempered, argumentative and have frequent emotional outbursts.
When they feel overwhelmed or stressed, their response is to blame others and the ask “What did you do wrong?”
How to Balance Pitta Dosha
1. Follow the dietary guidelines in the diet below.
2. Try to wake before 6am and sleep before 10pm.
3. Immediately after rising have a cup of hot water with the juice of ½ lemon added.
4. Practice theI-Yoga Sun Salutation every morning and the I-Yoga Moon Salutation every evening. Initially complete 6 cycles and build yourself up to 12 cycles.
5. You need to eat breakfast before 8am. Most suitable breakfast for you is a fruit smoothie with fruits from the list below. Use a variety of different combinations every day. Avoid caffeine – you may have Redbush tea or Liquorice Tea as alternatives to coffee and tea.
6. Ensure that the water used to bath or shower is lukewarm or tepid. Never use very hot water.
7. Participate in a group activity, like a team sport, team rowing, or join a book club to promote cooperation.
8. To completely relax go find a natural area where you are able to go hiking. An area close to water – sea, lake, stream or pond would be ideal. You should swim regularly for exercise.
9. The colours that we wear have an effect on our mood. Colours that help balance Pitta are blues and greens.
10. Avoid situations of excessive heat, steam, or humidity and take plenty of fluids if exposed to these. Avoid saunas, steam rooms, sunbathing hot tubs and hot yoga.
11. Be considerate and patient with others.
12. Have soothing massages and treatments regularly like the Marma P Body Ritual. You make also require the Prana Back Detox during summer months as this area can be affected due to heat.
13. Engage in quiet and contemplative activities like guided meditation.
14. Pitta skin is prone to breakouts and inflammation. We recommend the following routine.
Products that Balance Vata Skin
Natural Skin Care Products to Balance Pitta Skin
Pitta skin is prone to breakouts and inflammation. We recommend the following routine.
Active Face Cleanser Gel – use this daily – morning and evening to deep cleanse pitaskin.
Buttermilk Cleanser – Use this to clean around eye area and to remove makeup.
Active Face Hydrate Gel – use this daily – morning and evening after cleansing face to hydrate skin.
Rejuvenating Eye Cream – use this daily – morning and evening around the eye area.
Detox Face Mask – use this twice weekly as directed on bottle. This mask deeply detoxifying and purifying.Dab small amounts on spots and leave overnight for an effective spot treatment.
Rasayana Rejuvenating Serum – for those who feel the need for anti-aging therapy. Add a few drops of this serum to your Rejuvenating Face Cream and massage onto face and neck.
Treatments recommended for Pitta Dosha
Prana Detox Facial – for clear, balanced skin.
Prana Back Treatment – to heal inflammation & irritation on the upper back or chest.
Dristi Eye Treatment – to relax eye area and reduce inflammation, puffiness and bags.
Abhyanga Marma Massage P – to balance the body and encourage deep cellular healing.
Pitta Diet Plan
The best foods for Pittas are cool or room temperature, with moderately heavy texture.
Pittas need to avoid steaming hot foods.
Have more cool, refreshing food in summer like salads, cooling fruit and ice cream.
Herbal teas specifically mint or liquorice root tea are very good for Pitta types.
Vegetarian foods, in general, are the best for Pittas, as consuming red meat tends to cause internal heat & inflammation.
Use less butter and added fat, plus avoid pickles, sour cream & cheese.
Avoid vinegar in salad dressing but use lemon or lime juice instead.
Avoid alcoholic and fermented foods.
Reduce coffee and other stimulants.
If available Pittas should consume coconut water or watermelon juice.
Reduce pungent & warming spices like chilli, bay leaf, garlic, mace, nutmeg, mustard seeds, cloves.
Pitta Food Plan
These guidelines can be used for Pitta mind-body constitutions, to maintain dosha balance and increase energy levels and physical wellbeing.
Sweet and bitter vegetables, like asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, radishes, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, green beans, green (sweet) peppers, leafy green vegetables, lettuce, mushrooms, okra, parsley, peas, potatoes, sprouts, squash, sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrot, and spinach.
VEGETABLES IN MODERATION
Eggplant, onion, tomatoes, hot peppers, chilies, and beets.
Bananas, avocados, cherries, coconuts, figs, mangoes, melons, oranges, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, and raisins.
FRUITS TO REDUCE
Apricot, apples, berries, sour cherries, grapefruit, raw papaya, dark grapes, peaches, persimmon, and pineapples.
Note: Fruits should be sweet and ripe; avoid fruits that come to market sour or unripe. Also avoid green grapes, oranges, pineapple, and plum unless they are sweet and ripe.
Barley, oats, wheat, and white rice (preferably basmati).
GRAINS TO REDUCE
Brown rice, corn, millet, and rye.
Butter, egg whites, ghee (clarified butter), milk, and fruit sorbets (not sour).
DAIRY TO REDUCE
Cheese, sour yogurt, sour buttermilk, egg yolk, sour cream, and ice cream.
Chicken, turkey and river fish ( in small amounts).
MEATS TO REDUCE
Red meat and seafood in general
Chickpeas, mung beans, red lentils, tofu and other soybean products (not fermented).
LEGUMES TO REDUCE
Black gram, black lentils, and Arhar Dal.
Olive, soy, sunflower, and grapeseed oil.
OILS TO REDUCE
Almond, corn, safflower, sesame, and coconut oil.
BEST NUTS & SEEDS
Coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds. Have no more then 30g of nuts and seeds daily.
All are acceptable except honey and molasses.
HERBS AND SPICES
In general Pittas should avoid spice as they are too heating. However the following spice are OK for Pittas in small amounts: Cardamom, cilantro (green coriander), cinnamon, coriander seed, dill, fennel, mint, saffron, turmeric, cumin, and black pepper.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
I have very sensitive skin and suffer from eczema. Organic Apoteke is the best skin care product I have ever tried
Seriously the best product for oily skin. It glides on, soothes skin and has reduced my oily skin. Makeup stays on all day after I use this. Better than any primer
This product is wonderful, left my skin clean and fresh. But the best thing is that after only a few days of using it my skin is less oily. My skin feels so soft and smooth.
Transform the appearance of your skin
With a growing number of happy customers all over the world, our products have delivered exceptional results for people with all kinds of skin conditions – including oily skin.
Our customer Sui Leong said in her review of our Detox Face Mask: “I live in Singapore. It’s hot, humid and hectic. My skin suffered from this. Even though I took very good care of my skin, I had frequent breakouts and my skin looked and felt greasy. But this mask has made such a huge difference.
“No more breakouts and my skin no longer looks greasy. I also use the Active Face Cleanse Gel and the Active Face Hydrate Gel… these products are fabulous too. But the Detox Mask is a real treat.”
Read more customer reviews and order your certified organic skin care products online today.Shop Now
- Certified Organic
- Naturally Sourced